After coaching others for over two decades to take better care of themselves, in 2015 I experienced a health crisis myself.
I lost a connection with my purpose and felt powerless for the first time in my adult life.
One day everything seemed fine and the next I was lying on the floor asking God not to take me home.
My doctor told me that if I didn’t take my health seriously I was going to stroke out. I felt needy, scared and no longer in control of my life.
I put everything on hold and made my self care a priority – something I’d been coaching others to do for years. I stayed committed and focused most days.
I was blessed with a super supportive husband who held my hand through the rebellious days, and there were many!
It took me two years, and LOTs of help but I’m on the other side now and in the best shape ever.
You don’t have to wait for a health crisis to show up before you decide to own your power.
Here are a few of the lesson’s I’ve learned over the past two years:
- Be honest without yourself. Be willing to tell yourself the truth about everything.
- Your body is the best “truth detector” of all.
- Life is a team sport and you’ll need to lean into others for support.
- Change can be difficult but you are much stronger than you think.
- People are busy with their own lives and really aren’t paying that much attention to you so don’t worry about what they think of you.
- Your beliefs about everything affect your life so get to know yourself.
- Beauty is definitely an inside job. If you aren’t happy with the person you’ve become you’ll never find the right make up or hair color and you’ll never be “skinny” enough.
- Spend some time everyday connecting with something bigger than you, nature, God, Spirit. I’m a Cristian and my relationship with Spirit is crucial to my well being. That doesn’t mean I think everyone should think the way I do but it’s important for me to honor this in my own life.
- It’s human nature to judge and compare our self with others. It’s a carry over from days gone by when we needed to “size up” any potential threats. When we judge others we’re basically making up a story about them so we “feel safe” in our own skin. But this is no unnecessary, unless you find your life threatened.
I could go on and on, and I’m still learning. I bet you can relate. We’re all creating our very own “playbook” for life. We just forget about it sometimes and that’s where a coach comes in.
I am passionate about helping others on their personal and spiritual development path and I’ve made it easy, affordable and simple for you to work with me.
Need coaching? Schedule your 30 minute session, pay $35.00 and I’ll call you at the time of our appointment.
Vicki Zanini is an internationally known life coach who is enjoying her empty nest with her husband of 30 years and their Yorkshire Terrier.
- Graduate of Coachville’s Thomas Leonard Coaching School and The Graduate School of Coaching.
- Former president of the International Association of Coaching.
- Certified holistic practitioner.
- Over two decades of experience working with an international clientele.